Benign prostatic hyperplasia (abbreviated BPH) is currently more often called "benign prostatic hyperplasia" ("BPH").
In the initial stages of the disease the appearance of a small nodule or group of nodules in the gland. The course of disease is rapidly increasing in size and number. Unlike cancer, adenoma does not give metastases in other organs, i.e., a benign tumor. This urologic disease is most often diagnosed in men older than 50 years.
The causes of BPH in men has not been elucidated so far. The only thing that he proved, beyond a reasonable doubt – a direct link between age and the presence of the disease.
The man's age disturbed function of the testosterone production, which is the primary male sex hormone and starts in large quantities to produce estradiol estradiol (a hormone able to stimulate the growth rate, intensity of the reproduction of the prostate cells). Thus, the closer the critical age of 50 years, the greater the probability of diagnosing of BPH men.
It can be demonstrated that the following factors have provoked the appearance of the disease; the presence of increase the disease:
- inactive, sedentary lifestyle, and overweight – these conditions may contribute to the accumulation of excess fat, which produces estrogen, disrupting the balance of testosterone, estrogen, the male body;
- bad heredity – if a close relative were diagnosed in patients with BPH, the risk of disease increases;
- a common inclusion in the diet is not adequate foods, the abuse of fast food, such as foods, intake of large quantities of food, spices, fried, fatty food.
The symptoms of BPH
In men, the symptoms varied. The development expression affects the progression of the disease, age, social status of the patient, and the body-soul condition.
The first characteristic symptom of the disease is considered to be the delay at the initial stage of urination, and the manifestation of false urgency. Coupled with these symptoms is usually observed intermittent stream of urine.
Over time the disturbing symptoms begin to grow: the patient complaining of problems with urination. To urinate need to strain, the muscles, the peritoneum. The cavity of the bladder, the residual urine is observed, then the sum came out, because of the reduction in the tone of the muscle membrane of the bladder (detrusor). It consists of the mutually interwoven layers, forming a single muscle. Normal contraction of this tissue is an important indicator of men's health.
If untreated at this stage of the disease, this symptom becomes dominant. This process is characterized by decrease in the number of emitted urine is normal, that is a very scanty stream of urine is sometimes reduced to a tear stream. In some cases, the tension of the detrusor is reduced, so that the volume of fluid in the bladder becomes critical – more than a litre.
Often the treatment is complicated by the fact that many patients consider these symptoms of BPH normal for her age, don't hurry to ask for professional help. But in the context of the later problems caused by sexual dysfunction men reception to the urologist.
Obstructive and irritative symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- 1. Irritant:
Such features are also known symptoms. These include frequent urination, or the desire to empty the urinary incontinence. Often the patient is forced to go to the toilet at night - 2 or 3 times, to stand up to relieve himself. These signs depend on the severity of disease, the muscles of the membrane of the bladder.
Now the science is known to be the result of the age-related hormonal changes in the body significantly progresses a lack of oxygen, the muscles of the pelvic organs. This condition is called instability of the bladder.
These irritative symptoms affect the quality of life for men, the corresponding diagnosis time, quality of treatment, the least dangerous.
The difficulty is that the patients can be simultaneously observed on the irritative, obstructive symptoms. The classic clinical picture is characterized by the presence in both groups of symptoms.
- 2. Obstructive:
The manifestation of the symptoms of BPH the men was a big influence on the formation of the clinical picture of the disease due to the existence of chronic inflammation of the prostate. Swelling of prostate tissues often observed worsening erectile function of the penis. Chronic prostatitis is often manifested by urination disorders. The presence of this syndrome increases the postoperative complications in patients with various stages of disease development.
The possibility of accurate diagnosis is often complicated by the fact that the clinical image, including the pathological processes in the body, which are not linked to the BPH. This means that not all patients surgery, given that patients with moderately manifested obstructive symptoms after surgery to improve the condition usually does not occur.
The stage of the disease
The development of the BPH specialists divided into three stages:
- The compensated stage is usually manifested in a slight increase in the body. Changes have insignificant consequences: the borders of the prostate, clearly demarcated, palpation provokes pain. The density of the body is maintained in the usual way. The notch palpation sensor. The patient manifested a delayed residual urine.
- Subcompensated stage. Characterized by a strong prostate gland, up to the level when it begins to exert a strong effect on bladder function. The symptoms are the following: batch and partial liberation of the bladder, bladder wall was swollen, much thicker walls of the body in the normal state, the overflow of the bladder often occurs partial urination, uncontrollable.
Often, the urine becomes opaque, the turbidity appears, and sometimes sediment. In some cases the urine contains a mist of blood.
- Decompensated stage. The extreme degree of prostate inflammation. The patients present to the critical amount of residual urine, urination extremely difficult, occurs, drop by drop, the muscles of the bladder extremely weak because of the constantly elevated state. Often, this stage is complicated by the lack of hemoglobin in the blood – anemia. The breathing, the patient felt the characteristic smell of urine.
After hearing my own complaints of the patient, the doctor proceeds to collect the medical history and begins the study of the health status of the organism. The first method used in the preparation of the clinical picture, palpation, visual inspection.
The exact diagnosis specialist resorts to the ultrasound. It could be the TRANS-rectally– to determine the exact problem area of the prostate, or to include the external examination of the bladder to determine the stage of the disease, you should know that the volume of residual urine.
The patient must pass several tests:
- first and foremost, conduct a general analysis of urine, blood. It gives information about the presence of chronic inflammatory processes in the body, and improves the image of the general health of the patient;
- The level of content, the body, the PSA (specific antigen) levels in the body clearly shows that the presence or absence of malignant cells of the tumor;
- the creatinine levels. This analysis is a qualitative indicator, the state of the upper urinary channels;
- uroflowmetry method qualitative method for determination of urinary problems and their causes.
Treatment of BPH in men
According to studies, the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia may be of the following types:
- the medicine;
- minimally invasive (another common name – HIFU-treatment);
- surgical. (here too there are differences – transurethral resection of the prostate, laser treatment or ablation).
Different drugs effective method to fight the disease at an early stage of development. The most famous types of drugs used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia should be considered:
- Alpha-blockers – the main function is to improve the discharge of the urine the prostate adenoma, the pain when urinating;
- - blockers. Drugs of this type inhibit the production of toxic hormone dihydro – adversely affects the process of growth, greatly accelerate the process. The drug by blocking the action of this substance, that it is possible to reduce. In some cases, this process is irreversible, hard to keep.
The benign prostatic hyperplasia, should carefully monitor the diet of the patient. In addition, compliance with following rules is a good prevention of the disease, and many others. You need to often use:
- the various fruits, berries, vegetables, fresh;
- products, which are fiber;
- rich in unsaturated fatty acids, the products;
- raw pumpkin seeds – contain many useful for the male body's metabolism.
And, on the contrary, to reduce or even refuse:
- red meat, fatty broth from the bones;
- slaughter by-products, offal, viscera;
- easy to digest ("fast") carbohydrate;
- legumes, peas;
- canned goods, semi-finished products;
- candy, especially chocolate in any form;
- hot spices, spices.
The diet of the patient must comply with the basic rule of thumb is to eat as any proper person, who doesn't care about your health.
The prostate cancer increases the volume – to a greater or lesser extent. How to change the size of the body, this corresponds to the deterioration of the patient and accordingly change the plan of treatment.
Indicators general scale appropriate to the size of the tumor, or the need for surgery should be considered:
- 30-55 mm – surgical treatment is not mandatory. It is possible to carry out the conservative treatment based on medications;
- 40-60 mm in diameter – a conservative treatment can be successful, but in combination with surgical removal of the prostate, possible laparoscopy;
- 60-80 mm, such a scale of breast augmentation surgery is carried out to 100%.
It's absolutely not wait to indications to surgical intervention are the following:
- the inability to answer nature's call after catheterization urethral valve;
- continuously extensive recurrent hematuria;
- chronic or acute renal failure;
- chronic inflammation, urinary tract duct, or acute, under such circumstances;
- diverticula, the muscles of the small pelvis;
- stone in the bladder or one (both) kidneys.
Often the treatment of prostate adenoma is used in the so-called alternative therapies. The same – domestic or non-traditional. Sometimes these methods give a good opportunity.
Among the recipes of traditional healers, lovers of the most popular are the following:
- infusion of birch leaves. 2 tablespoons of fresh or dried leaves pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, infused in two hours, a half Cup three times a day, before eating.
- the decoction of burdock root. To do this, 2 tablespoons of roots stewed in boiling water for three to four hours and drink 0.5 cups a day more than once.
- the onion. Sometimes relieve symptoms, inflammation enough to eat a head of fresh bulb onion;
- shorty. You need to eat every day, purified themselves in the plant.
Application, these methods can not be independent individually, they will not bring the desired results, but can be bad too– if you can skip the custom development of the disease, and to skip the stage where you still solve the problem without surgical intervention. However, when combining alternative, traditional means prescribed by specialists, the possible good outcome of the treatment.
Prevent the event, development of BPH people need to follow a healthy lifestyle. This can be useful for the following measures:
- the engage in physical activity. A few minutes of exercise a day will help in the prevention of stagnation;
- comply with the appropriate diet;
- monitor your body weight. The risk of BPH is directly proportional to the increase in the indices of body mass, as well as the appearance of excess body fat;
- each year a specialist-urologist for examination;
- to prevent hypothermia;
- try to urinate the first desire not to create situations where the bladder or bowel is full.
The men's prostate treatment, if the problem is detected in the early stages. But in special cases, when the disease is long recognized that quality of life is deteriorating. We shouldn't lose sight that the more moral, the ethical side of the problem.
The time of the treatment the specialist that you have the correct diagnosis, adherence to treatment plan, the prognosis is very favourable.
But the discovery of the disease's later stages, experts give a sharp positive Outlook. The disease is a complicated joint chronic urinary tract infection formation of stones, sand and other deposits in the bladder, kidney.