Urethritis in men and inflammatory disease in the walls of the urethra, which often cause various infectious factors bacteria, viruses, fungi, or protozoa.
In addition to the infectious causes of inflammation caused by allergic, chemical or traumatic impact. Urethritis is accompanied by itching, discharge from the urethra, burning pain. Without timely treatment, the disease leads to the development of cystitis, prostatitis or inflammation of the testis and the appendices, in some cases, cannot be cured urethritis can result in the narrowing of the urethra.
Therefore, when the first symptoms of infection, please consult professionals to prevent the progression.
What is this?
Urethritis - an inflammatory process that is localized in the urethra. The disease often occurs enough, regardless of the gender or the age. Clearly understand what urethritis in men, treatment, the symptoms of the disease, you should have an idea of the anatomy of the male urethra.
Depending on the cause of urethritis, the men are divided into infectious or non infectious and infectious, however, gonococcal and non-gonococcal.
Not gonococcal urethritis is divided into types depending on the underlying cause:
- bacterial (caused by conditionally pathogenic microflora);
- the infection (candida, and fungal);
Noncommunicable urethritis in men may be of the following types:
- congestive (congestive).
The duration of the disease secret fresh (acute, subacute, and torpi you), and chronic urethritis.
Depending on localization of pathological process:
- anterior urethritis – the anterior urethra, i.e., located closer to the exit at the head of the penis;
- rear– to the rear part of the urethra, i.e., locally, closer to the bladder.
The priority of the development of the inflammatory process the following types of urethritis in men:
- primary– when an infectious disease develops, the urethra;
- secondary– if the infection of the urinary tract penetrating the neighbouring organs, which are the hotbed of the infection.
Most commonly, infectious agents enter the urethra, the bladder, prostate gland, where inflammation develops.
What are the causes of urethritis?
The main reasons that cause development of urethritis in men doctors are the following:
- Diseases that can be transmitted by sexual intercourse without a condom (herpes, HPV, gonorrhea, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma, chlamydia, etc.). Basically inflammation of the urethra just a symptom of such infections.
- Violation of metabolic processes (especially in the pelvic area).
- The effects on the body various toxic substances.
- Stagnant processes in the pelvic area. This leads to the development of congestive urethritis. The appearance of stagnation of venous blood, preceded by constipation, hemorrhoids, the practice of interrupted intercourse.
- Allergies, which can cause food, personal hygiene, or some medications.
- A number of acidic, salty food with lots of spices in the diet, which may be irritating to the mucous membranes.
Predisposing factors inflammation of the urethra, or:
- unprotected sex the carriers of the infection;
- if you do not observe the rules of personal hygiene;
- damage to the urethra (including medical procedures);
- kidney stones;
- stagnation in the pelvic organs;
- diseases of metabolism;
- irrational nutrition;
- allergic reactions;
- urethra-irritation of chemicals, the means the body care, contraceptives"s, rubber, etc.
The early or inadequate treatment of urethritis in men dangerous the appearance of serious complications: pyelonephritis, cystitis, orchitis, balanoposthitis and prostatitis.
The symptoms first signs of urethritis in men
The development of urethritis men complain of these symptoms:
- low-grade fever;
- the urination;
- swelling of the urethra;
- at the end of urination possible spotting a small amount;
- the pain during urination;
- the pain is sharp character of the urethra;
- the allocation of purulent character of the urethra, which color of the yellow, the green, stand out a large amount at the beginning of the inflammatory process.
This clinic develops, regardless of urethritis: non-specific or non-specific. The only difference is that the non-specific urethritis is confirmed, when the eraser, other infections do not give a positive analysis.
The chronic process occurs very rarely, but it happens against the background of this situation:
- weak immune system of the patient;
- the occurrence of the pathological agent other organs;
- insufficient or incorrect treatment of urethritis, the project implementation form.
Note: if the disease becomes chronic, the swelling of the urethra will take place, and then select the decrease. Often people think that the disease has passed, but the fact that the disease has moved into the latent phase. If it is not to conduct therapy, the bacteria that have settled in the prostate, and blisters, in the end it will cause prostatitis, epididymitis, vesiculitis.
The male urethritis, the following types of events:
- In the absence of treatment of urethritis, or if not properly treated, the disease can move from acute to chronic.
- In the event the prostate.
- Vesiculitis— the anti-dominant blisters.
- Orchitis — this is the inflammation of the testicle.
- Balanitisz inflammation of the skin, the tip of the penis.
- Balanoposthitis — this is the inflammation of the inner layer of the foreskin.
- Narrowing of the urethra, lack of caused by the appropriate treatment of urethritis, or chronic course of this disease. In advanced cases of stenosis requiring surgical intervention.
The number of existing complications of male urethritis is due to the fact that the inflammation of the urethra may reach the other organs and start to develop: in the scrotum, bladder, prostate gland can become the victims of urethritis. To avoid complications specific prevention of urethritis.
The first is to seek the advice of a doctor, a urologist, who will perform the audit. If you find a contagious disease, then the patient is sent during the consultation the doctor. The patient is assigned to the following study:
- it seems that the analysis of the urine blood;
- a swab of the discharge from the urethra;
- tests collect urine for bacterial culture in a medium of nutrients;
- ultrasound of the kidneys and the genitourinary system;
The pathological test results indicate a significant excess of white blood cells, and bacteria. If the fungus is detected, then diagnosed with urethritis Candida species. A diagnostic tests tests that determine which antibiotics will affect the pathology. The full study allows the doctors to understand how to treat the urethritis, and what drugs to use, so the therapy has the largest effect.
How to treat the urethritis?
Home treatment of urethritis in men should be integrated. Every procedure done on an outpatient basis, selected a drug specialist. The patient is carefully follow the meetings, and should comply with certain recommendations during the treatment. These are the following:
- provisional refusal of sexual relations;
- strict adherence to hygiene standards;
- the execution of all the medical recommendations relating to the duration of a course of treatment and medication;
- quitting bad habits (alcohol, Smoking);
Compulsory adjustment of the diet, which aims to the exclusion fatty, fried, spicy dishes, smoked meats, marinades, pickles, carbonated drinks, in short, all the products which enhance the severity of the inflammatory process. The patient is recommended to drink more fluids, to respect the day, to avoid hypothermia, stress, and the effect of other negative factors.
On average, the treatment of almost all forms of urethritis lasts for a few weeks. The treatment, in any case, it's not impossible to throw if signs of improvement, and decrease the clinical picture of the disease. At the end of treatment, the test swabs of the urethra channel, to confirm the recovery.
What antibiotics are prescribed for urethritis?
The course of treatment of urethritis in men appoint only the doctor after the bacteriological investigation of the agent. The wrong choice of the medicine can also cause complications.
Commonly used antibiotics in the form of tablets, injection, suppositories.
Chronic gonorrhea of urethritis it is necessary to introduce antibiotic solution into the urethra. The therapy is supplemented by the administration of drugs based on the hormones of the adrenal glands. Additional therapy can be by flushing the urethra disinfectant, the purpose of Immunostimulants, multivitamins (focus on vitamins a and E). Physical therapy is used outside the acute phase – keep magneto therapy, electrophoresis, laser treatment, processing, ultra-high frequency impulses.
In addition to the basic course of antibiotics, which act to suppress the acute symptoms of the disease are common, as well as other therapies, such as physiotherapy.
Local procedures involved in the introduction of drugs directly into the urethra. Local treatments for good results to be a part of the treatment of urethritis.
Physiotherapy treatment of chronic urethritis, acute inflammatory processes, these are contraindicated. Assign electrophoresis, UHF, laser therapy, magneto therapy. But these methods require methodical competent medical supervision.
Home treatment of urethritis should be supplemented with proper nutrition, a healthy lifestyle. This is especially important if the infection of several organs at the same time. Consider the following advice:
- Try to consume more foods that are anti-inflammatory effect. These include the carrots, celery, parsley, blueberry, cranberry.
- Minimize the consumption of fatty, too salty, spicy, smoked food.
- Drink plenty of pure water. This will help reduce the concentration of harmful bacteria in the urine. This will lead to the weakening of the symptoms of the problem.
- To boost your immunity, eat more fresh vegetables, fruit. Drinks, fruit juices, jellies, and compotes. A mandatory part of your diet, cranberry juice, tea, rosehip.
- Is strictly prohibited the use of alcoholic beverages. Coffee, tea, and cocoa to drink, sometimes in small quantities.
- Don't use foods that are urethral irritation. These include spices, herbs, garlic, onion, spinach, horseradish, radish.
A proper diet accompanied by moderate exercise, and the total rejection of bad habits. Try to spend more time outdoors.
It is important to understand that to completely cure the disease folk remedies is impossible. However, the use of the drug to help prevent relapse, and to accelerate the healing. This can be used, decoctions, and infusions of herbs can be prepared at home:
- The infusion made from the leaves of a black currant. This tool is an antiseptic effect, helps to enrich the body of vitamins. Cook 3 tablespoons of dried leaves pour 250 ml of boiling water, and insist that it's good. After this infusion filter, take 15 minutes before meals, three times a day.
- A decoction of oak bark. This device eliminates the pain, burning sensation, which appears, at the time of urination. For cooking 1 tablespoon of raw materials, pour 250 ml boiling water and kept in a water bath for about 20 minutes. After cooling, the decoction filtered, accepted, 1 tablespoon before each meal. Use the broth also sitz bath.
- Infusion of cornflower. Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried flowers pour 250 ml of boiling water, and then administered at least 1 hour. After that, the medium filter is taken three times a day before meals for 2 tablespoons. The drug helps to relieve the inflammation to normalize the microflora.
Preventive measures simple measures to practically zero, reduces the risk of any type of urethritis.
Avoid hypothermia, injuries to the penis. Leading a healthy lifestyle and drop the bad habits, if any. If you are in doubt about your partner, use barrier contraceptives, which help protect the body from sexually transmitted infections.
It is not desirable to have many partners in sex. Observe good personal hygiene, never use other underwear toiletries is also available.