This method of surgical treatment consists in the excision of pathologically proliferating prostate tissue under the influence of the laser. When you remove the adenomatous tissue, the particles get into the bladder, to remove, use a special tool. The operation via the urethra using endoscopic equipment.
Laser enucleation reminds me of transvesically adenomektomii, however, less complications during the surgery or after. Also, the laser catheter is not more than a day, and then back. Self-service restores the urination of the second day after the surgery.
Adenomectomy is an open source type of operations, which means that the removal of the prostate abnormal tissue man, through an incision in the abdominal cavity of the urinary bladder. This procedure is given to patients with advanced stage of the disease, large tumor size, or complications in the course of the disease.
During the procedure, the surgeon removes the affected areas of the prostate with your fingers, and then introduces the ureter with a catheter and the drainage for outdoor elimination. After the surgery, the patient was discharged from the hospital after 7 days.
After the surgery to remove the prostate there is a risk of some consequences. Possible complications:
- The penetration of the solution, which is wash out the bladder, the patient's blood;
- Bleeding: occurs due to puncture of a nearby large vessels, as using the device is fairly difficult to see the vessels; in some situations, blood loss is so significant, that may require a blood transfusion;
- Violation of urination, which results in reduced urine or inability to urinate: the reason this condition may be inherent in the bladder, advanced age of the patient, or some kind of complications during the surgery;
- A complication of infection of the urinary tract so that the surgery;
- Damage to the organs of the urogenital system.
Opinion patients, who underwent surgery to remove the prostate adenoma is clear that the consequences primarily affect sexual function. However, after a time, the efficiency, erection continue.
In addition, some patients noted after the start of sexual activity (six weeks after surgery) retrograde ejaculation, which means that the reflux of semen in the process of finishing intercourse in the bladder. This condition affects the reproductive function that there are problems with the conception, while retaining the ability to have a normal sexual life.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia: causes, symptoms, clinical picture
The prostate is one of the most important internal organs, which is engaged in the performance of male reproductive function. The age of this body may be formed with a seal, the knots of the mind, tangle the strings. These tumors called hypertrophy.
To date, this pathology can be successfully treated with the drug, as well as direct surgical intervention. The most important thing is to have time to detect the presence of disease, and the treatment begins, then we can achieve positive results without the intervention of surgeons.
Since the prostate passes the urethra, because of the increased size of the organ, the channel is pinched. This causes the main symptom of the disease late the urination. Usually becomes noticeable when a time in the urine is allocated less number of pulses increases, but the stream at the same time, the "wither".
You also need to make efforts to ensure that the urination. In this case, the patient experienced discomfort. The sexual life, it is still less active, an erection occurs with difficulty, or not all.
Among the reasons can be distributed especially genetic predisposition and the age. The age is a key factor in the men who are over forty years old, adenoma is more common. Do not trust myths is the fact that the venereal diseases through earlier can cause the development of tumors. Also it's not unusual sex life.
Part of the symptoms already from the name, but in addition to the above call, for example:
- it seems that after urination the bladder was not completely emptied;
- erectile dysfunction;
- night urination;
- this process can be stopped.
What type of surgery is used to remove?
The prostate occurs more surgical manner.
It is worth saying that this is not necessarily the classical surgery, medicine today offers a different, less invasive way to remove the enlargement.
The most effective method of treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) — removal of the prostate invasive or minimally invasive method. Several types of surgical interventions distinguishes them from each other, the complexity of the list, the complications and the cost of prostate surgery. Select the best option, you need to study the effects of the surgery the not get feedback about the different options.
Removal of the prostate, the elimination of the pathologically proliferating glandular tissue. In severe cases, the treatment, which completely removes the prostate.
Surgical removal of the prostate
Several kinds of surgical treatment:
- Open surgery – excision of the adenoma via the puncture of the bladder; this type of intervention applies to transvesically Adenomectomy, which is regarded as the traumatic method, but allows you to get rid of the abnormal tissue; indicated for complications of the enlargement, for example, intratrahealno the growth of the formed nodes;
- Minimally invasive method involves the excision of the adenoma of the prostate without incision using video-endoscopic instruments through the urethra; this is the species of TUR laser enucleation of the prostate.
What are the effects of surgical removal of the prostate gland in men?
Every surgery has a certain negative result.
Often after the removal of the prostate consequences of occur, almost everything.
It is established that the patient later turns for help to a specialist, as a result, the disease progresses, and diagnosis is still too little.
It should be noted that the event's consequences depends largely on the skill of the surgeon, and the selected receiving surgical intervention. It is also important in the postoperative period of the game the unique characteristics of the patient, and the speed of the recovery function.
It is worth noting that the most common consequences after removal of the adenoma:
- urinary incontinence , or urinary;
- the bleeding or the presence of internal bleeding;
- the lack of an erection or retrograde ejaculation;
- the inability to get pregnant;
- the infection of the urethra;
The histological examination of the prostate leads to the appearance of bad consequences.
The reason for the appearance of these unpleasant symptoms, repeat biopsy. Often, the above effects line in a few days, it's not too much trouble to the patients.
Types and characteristics of surgical treatment of BPH
After the surgery to remove the prostate adenoma therapy the patient is prescribed analgesics, antibiotics, for the prevention of inflammatory processes of urinogenital sphere, diuretics, diet and therapeutic exercises for the pelvic floor.
After the surgery, but there are complications:
- minor contamination of the blood blood clots in urine for weeks;
- incontinence, frequent urination, which gradually takes place of itself;
- hip during urination usually disappears when the catheter is removed from the urethra;
- during ejaculation, it is possible to return the reflux of the semen into the bladder (the safe).
The disease cause lies in the malfunctioning of the hormonal system. The level of testosterone is considerably reduced, but the estrogens, on the contrary, increase.
Treatment of BPH depends on the extent of the neglect. If the disease was discovered in the first or the second stage in the approximate sequence of the therapy will be this:
- drug therapy;
- appropriate hygiene;
- physiological procedures.
- radical prostatectomy;
- transurethral resection;
Typically, the initial stage of the disease, when the symptoms bother you enough, there are expressed, at least in patients with the prescribed medications for the treatment of prostate hyperplasia.
But when the disease has reached the level, when you need to manage the drugs is not possible, using the method of the surgery. This method is more effective than medication, but there are drawbacks, but the risks, the treatment can be called risky.
What are the effects of surgery to remove the prostate?
For many, the main question is whether the possibility of continuing sexual activity after removal of the prostate.
According to the statistics, erectile dysfunction is observed in 10% of patients. The presence of erectile dysfunction before the surgery, do not expect any change.
If the surgery before the sexual life all is normal, after the removal of the prostate cancer incidence impotence temporary, and soon disappears back to your previous sexual life.
Very often I found, retrograde ejaculation. This pathology of the body or a lack of sperm or thrown into the bladder and is excreted with the urine. The organisation does not carry any danger, but it is impossible to imagine. Therefore, such a situation can be considered as infertility.
To avoid the negative consequences after the surgery, it is important to follow the recommendations of the rehabilitation period.
Recovery the patient must:
- two months are required to exclude an active lifestyle, sharp movement while in one position can not be more than 40 minutes;
- to strengthen the muscles, the pool, the Elevator instead of walking up the stairs;
- a month can't take a bath, just a shower two days after surgery;
- to work have the opportunity to back two weeks later, on condition that the professional does not require much physical exertion;
- drink a lot of water, to reduce inflammation, speed wound healing, at least 8 glasses;
- the rehabilitation period allowed, the weight lifting not more than fifteen pounds;
- drive, and sex life is allowed only a month after the removal of the prostate.
Removal of the prostate through the urethra: related complications
Unfortunately, after the prostate removal consequences of a negative character, sometimes I felt. At the end of the surgery the patient remains in the hospital for further recovery. The first time that the unpleasant symptoms often persist. Pain, the wound, the bleeding, the urine, the clots, cramps during urination. This phenomenon is completely natural, within a few days.
So, surgery to remove the prostate consequences, as a rule, the following:
- problems with urination in the form of incontinence or urinary retention. Incontinence is not only durable, but just the physical exertion. Most often it is the result of the restore, which further treatment is not necessary. A few days later. Rarely require additional treatment, or even the urological pillow. Because the urinary retention may of the urethra blockage, a medical error. Solving the problem requires additional surgery or bladder catheterization;
- abundant bleeding. This is a dangerous complications which endanger the human life. Apparently, not only after open surgery, but also after the TOUR. In this situation there is a blockage of the urethra by blood clots. Furthermore, the potential severe blood loss that required blood transfusion;
- water intoxication. This result is also quite common, requiring surgical treatment. During the TOUR wash the bladder with a special solution, which in the case of a large number of contact with blood causes dizziness, nausea, confusion, muscle weakness. Although the treatment is simple, but can have serious consequences, if you don't have the time. As a result, it is possible for the kidney or the heart-vascular heart failure, shock, swelling of the brain;
- the inflammatory processes. To learn more about this problem, use the urine test, which will show you the bad results. The problem can be solved by the antibiotics.
Unfortunately, the prostate, the consequences are quite severe. 55% of the cases, surgery is also planned, in which removal of the prostate. One of the most popular operations in the TUR (transurethral resection). To such an operation, what complications after surgery may also occur, the patient is described below.