Peyronie's disease – pathology, characteristics, only the male half of humanity.
The disease is characterized by the occurrence of pain during erection, which occurs on the background of fibrosis in the tunica albuginea. The disease is rare, more common in men, the the age, the forty-sixty year.
In some cases this disease may have a negative influence on the concept, but only in those cases where the penis is curved to the extent that you can not enter the female genital organs. Therefore, it is necessary to seek the help of professionals if you experience the first symptoms (the presence of a small seal, which is easy to perceive the connection, pain during intercourse, strain every erection).
On the basis of treatment is surgery. Among professionals, a lot of the discussion about the therapies, the effectiveness of folk remedies at home.
What is this?
Peyronie's disease — a disease in which the penis is curved because of progressive fibrotic changes in the protein shell of the penis. The disease is named after the French surgeon Francois Peyronie, who described it 1743 in. Most often affects men in the age from 30 to 60-65 years.
The reason for the development
Until today not completely clarified reasons lead to the disease, however, there are etiological factors in the pathology:
- injury to the penis;
- disorders of the endocrine system;
- closed fracture of the penis;
- hardening of the tissues of the penis;
- the inflammation of the connective tissue in the connective tissue;
- some abnormality of the immune system;
- the inflammatory process in the urethra;
- taking certain medicines;
- the metabolic disorders;
- the narrowing of arteries, characteristic of atherosclerosis;
- elevated levels of serotonin, the body;
- connective tissue disease;
- the lack of calcium and vitamin E;
- arterial high blood pressure;
- bad habits;
- coronary heart disease.
In very rare cases, the disease can be hereditary. For example, the pathology, the structure of the tunica albuginea, or an abnormally short urethra. In contrast to congenital, acquired – in the first case, the missing plaque. Deformation develops in the background of the fibers in the cavernous bodies.
Smaller lesions is not a serious disease, and do not require surgery.
By etiology distinguish different the next form of the disease:
- The acquired form is characterized by gradual loss or the total widening of the connective tissue of the penis, which distorts the form of the occurrence of pain;
- The congenital form is often caused by genetic factors that find manifestations of the compression of the cavernous bodies of the penis.
In addition, the three categories in the Peyronie's disease, depending on the curvature of the penis size, the fibrous education:
- 1. category – the penis curvature up to 30 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques up to 2 cm;
- 2. category – the angle of the curvature from 30 to 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques from 2 to 4 cm;
- 3. category – the emergence of strong tilt angle of 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques 4 see
The symptoms of Peyronie's disease:
- Erectile dysfunction deterioration of erection (the penis is not increased to the desired size does not harden).
- Curvature of the penis. This characteristic can be seen.
- Pain. At the time of the erection of the patient's pain, that in the end makes the sexual intercourse very painful.
- Functional decreases in the male penis. It is the result of the curvature of the body.
- Curvature of the penis (towards the abdomen or the scrotum, or sideways).
- Sometimes the place where a plaque stretched skin.
- Hypersensitivity of the penis, that still can be observed during relaxed state.
- The plaques presence of a seal under the skin of the penis, sometimes reach large sizes, up to 3 cm, which adversely affect the local blood circulation.
- The irregular shape of the penis. In some cases, when multiple plaques, the genitals take an irregular shape in the form of glass, the hourglass, etc.
Despite the fact that the Peyronie's disease is not complicated, the healing, the consequences affect both psychological sphere, both the general health condition of the patient:
- broken, the erection the background of the pain, as well as a number of psychological causes (emotional stress, sexual frustration, problems with intimate relationships);
- shortening of the penis;
- psychological disorders.
Timely treatment, these negative effects are typically temporary, superficial. Great importance for overcoming the negative consequences and successful rehabilitation during the moral support of the partner.
Indurate Fibroplastic the penis (Peyronie's disease) is determined by the experts, it's fast and simple. Plaque no doubt, and basically determine the form of the disease, and the ability of treatment, or surgery. Some doctors ask that you bring a picture of erect penis, to determine to what extent curved when excited. The list, what other methods are used in the diagnosis:
- Ultrasound vessels of the penis to evaluate the blood circulation in the area of the developed seal. So, it turns out, the acute form of the disease;
- MRI diagnostics – the tissues of the body. A more accurate way to assess the blood flow;
- Cavernosography – x-ray after filling of the cavernous bodies of radiopaque fluid;
- Biopsy – microscopic tissue with the subsequent laboratory tests;
- Doppler – as your ultrasound, the status of the blood vessels in the penis.
The appointment of the investigation can give the urologist or andrologist after the pre-collected patient history and palpation of the penis.
An algorithm for the treatment of patients with Peyronie's disease, which is in an early stage of development:
- The pain reduction.
- The removal of the inflammation.
- Absorption of plaque.
- Stop the progression of the disease.
The duration of treatment for at least six months.
The experts advise the introduction of any medication directly to the plaque. The fact that even minor damage to the integrity of the penis may increase the fibrosis. Sometimes, however, without injections do not succeed.
In addition to the drug use, the man also recommended physiotherapy impact on the patient's body:
- Magneto therapy.
- The use of diadynamic currents.
- The laser treatment.
- Sludge treatment.
- UHT. This involves using a special device, that the source of the pulses. Doctor send them directly to the site of the fibrosis. This allows you to soften the plaque and straighten the penis. Be able to implement SWT, the warp can not be more than 45 degrees.
It is important to note that use of any drug is prohibited. Can cause severe complications and health problems.
Surgical treatment is more effective, since it allows to simultaneously correct distortion and remove the sealed parts. The method of surgical intervention is determined in all cases, the Peyronie's Disease separately. So, if curvature of the penis at least 45 degrees, long enough, to bending, when the correction of the error due to the overlapping folds on the opposite side, it is most advantageous. Fabric sewn to the seam special material, the penis loses length, however, the complications likely to be minimal.
Sufficient penis length, and curvature more than 45 degrees, the shell cut in the form of an ellipse, the curvature of the opposite side produces the closure of the suture special material. If sufficient length of the penis, or the fault of the patient, the above techniques resort to the use of plastics. The defect of the tunica by the abolition of the vaginal coat of the testis, skin graft or synthetic materials.
If Peyronie's Disease occurs in disturbed erection, then optimal solution is the penile prosthesis, or fallimentare. This allows to eliminate problems with erection and correct penile curvature.
- Horse chestnut. In order to prepare a decoction, you need 20 grams of chestnut (fruit). First grind them, then add a Cup of boiling water, then put it in the fire. Boil a quarter of an hour. If it's cold, through a sieve or cheesecloth into a quarter Cup before eating. The treatment takes three months.
- An herbal tea. Mix equal parts (100 g), primrose, sage, initial letter, oregano, toadflax, as well as burdock root. Send the collection in a thermos (2 big spoon), then add a Cup of boiling water. Leave to infuse overnight. In the morning strain, then a half Cup four times a day before meals (at least half an hour). It is important that the chef every day new infusions that they were fresh.
- Ointments, leeches. Measure a quarter Cup of dried leeches to crush them in the dust. Mix with a heparin ointment (15 g), Dimexidum (2 big tablespoons) and a glass of white honey. Then every day (at least once), and then RUB the penis. To start treatment when the moon falls.
- Medicinal bath. Three package sage to pour a bucket of hot water, cover and let stand for half an hour, and filter. Meanwhile, the dial to the bathroom water, and then pour back the strained infusion. But don't get carried away, such procedures can be performed no more than two days, but only for 15 minutes. As soon as you completed the procedure lay down in the bed. A larger effect occurs if a bath be used together with the techniques of this potion.
As the disease develops slowly, there is a misconception that if the first signs of the best, if the drug to avoid medical intervention. But it is important to note that only the performance of the operation is the only sure method for the treatment of Peyronie's disease in men.
Measures for the prevention of Peyronie's disease:
- not the sex, it's a condition, drug or alcohol intoxication, to exclude injuries of the penis;
- at the age of 30, to 60, every year over preceding trials;
- lead a healthy lifestyle;
- the weight;
- follow the pressure level;
- wear comfortable underwear;
- exercise regularly.
In case, if diseases of the reproductive system it is necessary to consult a urologist to confirm the diagnosis and begin treatment.