Prostatitis is an inflammatory disease of the prostate gland in men. It is located on the back of the bladder, at the same time curves around the neck. With prostatitis, it compresses this part of the bladder, making urination complicated and painful. Prostatitis is what is quite clear. But nevertheless, every self-respecting man should know everything about prostatitis: what is prostatitis, the symptoms of prostatitis, how it is treated and the cause of the disease.
The reason for prostatitis
The most common causes of prostatitis in men and its consequences are:
- Violation of the diet. Circulatory and endothelial disorders are one of the main causes of prostatitis. Such violations can lead to:
- overweight problems;
- maintains a sedentary lifestyle;
- use uncomfortable clothing.
- Causes of infectious origins. Usually, the disease can occur due to a decrease in the level of microorganisms in the body, a decrease in the level of immunity or the presence of inflammatory foci in neighboring organs.
- Violation of the synthesis of sex hormones. One of the main causes of inflammatory prostate disease and its consequences is due to the increased secretion of male sex hormones. These include: testosterone, androsterone, androstenedione, androstenediol and dihydrotestosterone. They can cause prostatitis.
- Presence of foreign bacteria. They can be obtained from the intestines or other organs in the abdomen. Under certain conditions, they can cause inflammatory changes in the prostate gland.
- Various pelvic injuries. Due to blood loss or compression of pelvic blood vessels during trauma, hypoxia of the prostate gland can occur, which inevitably leads to prostatitis.
- Surgical intervention of the small pelvis. Complications of certain activities can lead to prostatitis.
- Rectal obstruction. The presence of chronic constipation is a direct pathway to prostatitis.
There are many factors that significantly increase your risk of disease.
- Have a bad habit. Smoking more than 5 cigarettes a day increases the risk of prostate disease by 40%.
- Works with chemicals. Men working in this field have 2 times more illnesses than others.
- Age. After age 35, every man's prostate increases in size. This is normal, but it can then increase even more, which in most cases leads to illness.
- Violating the regime, the quality of the food. Fatty foods increase the risk of disease by 30%, and fried foods by 35%.
- Taking medication. Treatment with immunosuppressants reduces immunity and increases the risk of disease.
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). These diseases include: HIV, gonorrhea, gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes, candidiasis.
Factors that increase disease risk: eat properly, live a healthy lifestyle and minimize chemical exposure. This will help you reduce the chance of illness sometimes!
Types of prostatitis
Currently, doctors distinguish four types of disease:
- chronic bacterial form;
- chronic form; Chronic asymptomatic
The pointy shape is very common. Basically, it occurs due to a bacterial infection in the body. In this body, the gland is very large, causing pain. In the patient, cachexia, fever, low fever can be observed.
The chronic bacterial form is the result of the acute form of the disease. If the acute bacterial prostatitis is not completely treated, over time the disease will switch to other forms with milder symptoms.
Asymptomatic form is characterized by an asymptomatic episode and can only be detected with routine examination.
In the history of the development of prostatitis, two main mechanisms can be distinguished:
- induce urination (in the presence of inflammatory processes in other organs of the male genitourinary system):
- gradually decreases;
- bloodline (related to the presence of foci of infection in the body).
Symptoms of prostatitis: first sign
What is the manifestation of prostatitis in men? It is worth remembering that the disease initially has symptoms like most diseases of the genitourinary system. Therefore, if you discover anything, you should immediately consult a doctor.
The first signs of prostatitis in men:
- Difficulty urinating. It may be manifested by evening or morning urinary retention. This is the first symptom of prostatitis.
- The urge to urinate doesn't go away. The presence of some heaviness in the lower abdomen after urination is a sign of incomplete bladder emptying.
- Potential disturbances and pathological ejaculation. Sexual problems and changes in the structure of semen are signs of prostate disorders.
- Detect the pathological structure in urine. In the presence of blood, protein, and feces in the urine - all of these can be symptoms of prostatitis.
The disease is progressive, and major symptoms may complement secondary symptoms. This is:
- Inflammation of the genitourinary system.
- Changes the structure of urine.
- Pain in the lower abdomen, which may spread to the right and left.
Unfortunately, not everyone will notice signs of prostatitis in men in the early stages. Therefore, it is important to know the signs of prostatitis, its symptoms and in the later stages of the disease, so as not to be missed.
With the enlargement of the prostate gland and the presence of pathological processes in it, the following inflammatory prostate syndromes can be added to the main symptoms:
- phlebitis due to hemorrhoids;
- pain during bowel movements, with impurities in the blood;
- chronic venous insufficiency of their lower extremities, paralysis;
- low back pain.
Knowing the symptoms of prostatitis, treatment can be started immediately.
If these symptoms are noticed, the disease will become chronic in almost 100% of cases. In order to maintain the health of the prostate gland, it is important to know what its inflammatory symptoms are and if so, consult a doctor immediately.
Several types of tests can be used to diagnose prostatitis:
- Touching method. The doctor palms the prostate gland with his finger through the anal ring and palms it. This is the most common method of diagnosing the disease.
- CT and MRI of the pelvic organs.
- Urine and blood analysis.
- Semen analysis.
- Extract and analyze the secret of the prostate gland.
The main tests in the diagnosis of prostatitis include:
- three-cup urine sample;
- general urine and blood tests;
- microbiological analysis.
Do not ignore the planned doctor visit, as it is difficult for the average person to know everything about prostatitis, as this will help to quickly detect prostatitis and catchearly treatment.
Treatment of prostatitis
Prostatitis should be treated outpatient in most cases. When performing complex treatment of the disease, some important principles remain:
- conducts therapy aimed at combating pathogenic bacterial causes;
- improves the quality of blood circulation in the prostate gland:
- various massage; Healing exercises
It is essential to follow the entire course of prostatitis treatment correctly:
- Take your pills regularly as scheduled.
- Maintain a normal sex life for a man.
- Medical exercises aimed at normalizing blood circulation in the prostate gland.
- Abstain from smoking.
- Reasonable diet:
- reject fried, spicy, or fatty foods;
- limit alcohol, coffee, strong tea, and soda;
- eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as essential amino acids.
The main treatments for prostatitis:
- indicated anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as drugs intended to relieve pain in the prostate gland for the treatment of prostatitis;
- eliminates presence of glandular stagnation phenomena;
- enhances immunity with drugs-immunostimulants, as it is significantly reduced during the course of the illness;
- strictly selects each drug.
But it should also be noted that the treatment of acute and chronic forms has a different approach. For example, if the patient has an acute form of the disease, you need to adhere to the treatment strategies described below.
- resting in bed;
- antibiotic therapy; Massage of the prostate gland
- is not carried out in all cases, as the risk of sepsis is very high;
- intravenous drug to improve blood supply to the prostate gland;
- uses oral anti-inflammatory drugs;
- the use of rheological solutions involves severe poisoning attacks of the male body for the treatment of prostatitis.
When treating a chronic illness, methods are slightly different. For example:
- used anti-inflammatory drugs to treat prostatitis;
- eliminates problems with sexual activity by taking drugs that have a sedative effect;
- prescribes drugs that can increase immunity;
- Strengthens the pelvic apparatus of the muscles to eliminate problems with poor circulation.
It is necessary to comply with all of these during treatment, after treatment also not forget or leave out some things.
It is important to remember about prostatitis that the sooner the patient starts treatment, the better the future prognosis will be. And you need to stay optimistic.
Prevention of prostatitis
There are enough ways to prevent prostatitis and does not require special costs:
- Get rid of bad habits. As reality shows, smoking increases the risk of prostatitis by up to 50% and alcohol - by 15%. If you want to keep your men's health as before, you should give up this "pleasure".
- As little exposure to chemicals as possible. If you work in a manufacturing facility, try to shorten the time directly to the chemical source.
- Follow a healthy diet. Remember that eating fried and fried foods regularly is very harmful to your health. Therefore, you need to eat vegetables and fruits as often as possible, preferably seasonal.
- Active lifestyle. You need to try to play sports more often, exercise in the morning, and spend free time breathing fresh air. This will have a very positive effect not only on the prostate but also on the health of the man in general.
- Routine physical exam. Prostatitis develops relatively slowly, so it can be detected without problems at your next doctor's visit.
- Good night. You need about 8-10 hours of sleep. Violating this regime increases the risk of disease.
Prostatitis can go unnoticed and gradually start to take away much of the joy in your life. If you don't want this to happen, you need to carefully monitor your health. After all, only you can protect yourself and give your prostate a healthy future.