One of the most common diseases in men is chronic prostatitis. This diagnosis means that the prostate is inflamed, of a long-lasting nature. In most cases, the pathology is characterized by the absence of pronounced painful symptoms. Signs of prostatitis appear only during its times. To identify the disease, it is necessary to go through a full examination process in the clinic. Then, the doctor recommends a separate course of treatment to help keep the disease in remission.
Causes and Risk Factors
Prolonged depression is one of the factors that trigger the onset of the disease.
What is chronic prostatitis? Many of the unlucky men facing this diagnosis already know it firsthand. Various factors lead to its development, negatively affecting the functioning of the prostate gland and other internal organs
Chronic prostatitis has the following causes:
- Sexually transmitted diseases. We are talking about the herpes virus, fungal diseases, gonococci, Trichomonas and other similar diseases that disrupt the functioning of the genitourinary system.
- A sedentary lifestyle.
- Abstain from prolonged sex and frequent disruptions.
- Lower your body temperature frequently.
- Slow blood circulation in the pelvic organs.
- Experiencing stressful and depressive situations for a long time.
- Weakened immunity.
The more negative factors that affect a man's body, the higher the chances of knowing from his personal experience. In addition, during its development, negative consequences can emerge, making the patient's health worse and worse.
It is in every man's best interest to avoid risk. This requires preventive treatment of prostatitis and prompt treatment of other inflammatory diseases.
Doctors claim that we can cure any existing chronic prostatitis. There is a whole classification of this disease. Based on this, prostatitis occurs:
- Chronic bacteria.It is accompanied by symptoms characteristic of a disease such as prostatitis. Pathology is determined by an increase in the content of pathogenic microorganisms in the urine and excretion from the prostate gland.
- Chronic bacteria (CABP).This type of prostatitis is the result of a progressive bacterial infection in the prostate gland. A man with this diagnosis may be bothered by pain during urination or ejaculation and all kinds of discomfort.
- Chronic congestion.It is also known as congestive prostatitis. The slow circulation of biological fluids in the area of the pelvis leads to the development of pathology.
- Asymptomatic inflammation.Symptoms of this type of chronic prostatitis in men are completely absent. He is sick and does not even know about it. As a rule, this pathology is discovered quite by accident during the routine diagnosis.
Chronic bacteria commonly found in men. Prostatitis of another type was significantly inferior to him in percentage.
Pathological associated with increased sweating and chills.
Chronic bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis has symptoms that do not allow the patient to immediately understand what he or she has.
The first thing that the nervous system begins to endure. As a result, the patient becomes more irritable and apathetic. He complains of constant fatigue and poor sleep.
It is necessary to pay attention to even small changes in health to get worse, as they can indicate the development of a disease such as chronic bacterial prostatitis ornot due to infection.
Periodic chronic prostatitis, which requires immediate treatment, may be accompanied by the following painful symptoms:
- mild pain that can spread to the groin, perineum, and anus;
- frequently wants to go to the toilet, even if the man drinks a small amount of the liquid;
- discomfort in the tip of the penis and scrotum;
- painful urination at the beginning and at the end of the physiological process;
- sweating and shivering;
- a small amount of secretions from the penis.
The greatest effect of both bacterial and non-infectious chronic prostatitis on sexual function. As a result of the progression of the pathological process, the man's ability to erect worsens, premature or delayed ejaculation appears, and a feeling of severe discomfort occurs when close proximity.
It is difficult for patients to independently understand the exact prostatitis in men that led to the appearance of this symptom. To be sure of this, you need to first contact an authorized specialist and undergo a full examination according to their instructions.
Chronic prostatitis often leads to severe complications that make you feel quick. That is why men are asking more and more questions about whether the disease can be completely cured or not to be able to prevent the development of the disease.
Chronic prostatitis is characterized by a undulating process. While in remission, the disease does not develop, meaning the patient is not threatened by negative consequences. You need to start worrying about this in case of exacerbation of the pathology.
If a person is not trying to find a cure for chronic prostatitis, then he should be prepared for the emergence of serious complications. The inflammatory process in the prostate gland inevitably leads to infection of other organs of the genital system. As a result, a person begins to develop cystitis or pyelonephritis. Inflammation of the testicles and their appendages is not excluded. Without adequate therapy, these conditions will lead to infertility.
PCR analysis will eliminate sexually transmitted diseases.
In order to understand if chronic prostatitis can be permanently cured, it is necessary to first make a diagnosis to the patient. Its results allow the urologist to evaluate the patient's current condition and choose the most optimal treatment for him.
Initial examination of a patient with suspected bacterial or non-infectious chronic prostatitis including medical history and external examination of a man's internal organs. During the diagnosis, the doctor pays attention to the presence of painful rashes, discharge and other unhealthy manifestations. In addition, the degree of pain in the prostate gland is also determined.
Diagnosis of chronic prostatitis includes the following research activities:
- Ultrasound (TRUS).Ultrasound examination allows specialists to evaluate pathological changes in organ structure and function data;
- Analysis of urine and secretions.Laboratory diagnosis detects the presence of pathogens in biological fluids that can cause prostatitis;
- PCR analysis.Research method to identify the sexually transmitted pathogen in the male body;
- Sperm imaging.The diagnosis is designed to study the quality of the semen;
- Kinetic studies.They reveal the degree of the urinary disorder and its cause;
- PSA analysis.It is used to rule out cancerous tumor growth or benign hyperplasia in a patient.
Differential diagnosis is required. Helps distinguish chronic prostatitis from other medical conditions with similar symptoms and signs. But they need a completely different treatment.
During differential diagnosis, it is possible to distinguish prostatitis from diseases such as bladder stenosis, impaired sphincter system, bladder dysfunction, regional pain syndrome, prostate adenoma, cystitis and rectal pathologies.
For each patient, a treatment regimen is selected individually, helping you get rid of chronic prostatitis.
Treatment of a chronic illness takes a long time. To get better, patients must take timely medication and undergo physical therapy prescribed by a urologist.
Men who are interested in the pregnancy of their partner need treatment for a particularly serious illness such as chronic prostatitis. Without adequate treatment, they may be deprived of their chances of having their own baby.
To deal with the symptoms of prostatitis, it is necessary to undergo a course of medication. The doctor chooses a wide range of drugs to combat the unpleasant symptoms that appear. As a rule, a few days after the start of the drug, the manifestations of the pathology are significantly reduced. In the future, painful symptoms do not appear often if the patient does not violate the treatment regimen.
Antibacterial drugs are often the focus of treatment for men with prostatitis.
Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis in men necessarily includes taking antibiotics. Without it, it would be impossible to stop the activity and further spread of the painful microflora. The attending physician is responsible for selecting a strong drug. The choice of the drug directly depends on the test result, which indicates the type of infectious agent.
Fluoroquinolones is prescribed for inflammatory prostate disease. They deal effectively with the entire colony of the pathogen. Drugs of this group are in demand in patients with chronic illnesses. They are not indicated if the disease is caused by the tuberculosis pathogen.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
These drugs are considered to be safer for humans than antibiotics. They help to cope with severe pain syndrome, lower body temperature and resolve general discomfort problem.
Despite the relative safety of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, they are not allowed without your doctor's permission. If not, the patient will experience unpleasant consequences that turn into chronic prostatitis.
These drugs are prescribed only by the attending physician.
Patients are encouraged to take alpha blockers, as it is difficult to treat chronic prostatitis without drugs. Drugs of this group play an important role in the treatment regimen. With their help, the patient manages to cope with the painful symptoms of the pathology, which negatively affect a person's mental state.
Taking alpha blockers often leads to side effects like drowsiness and weakness. This is a normal response that should be noted.
A person would not be able to choose the right medicine for him in this class of drugs, so this task should be entrusted to a qualified specialist.
Antidepressants and vitamins
As complementary drugs for prostatitis, which improves the patient's condition and prevents complications, vitamin complexes and antidepressants are used. Many men have left positive reviews about them, as they have helped them cure prostatitis.
Many urologists practice prescribing vitamin injections with a B5-B12 solution to men with this diagnosis. This treatment is allowed only if the patient has no contraindications to the drug. They are used as an adjunct therapy, to help saturate the patient's body with the missing useful substances. But don't expect a strong effect from them.
Effective treatment of chronic prostatitis associated with the use of suppositories. They contain different ingredients that can combat inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. They may contain antibiotics or non-hormonal ingredients that help alleviate the human condition.
Pill therapy must be combined with the drug, as drug therapy gives the best results. Other drugs are used to complement the treatment of chronic prostatitis.
Not just drugs that help fight chronic prostatitis. Both oral and folk remedies can reduce the severity of painful symptoms.
Traditional medicine should be used by patients not only in the treatment of prostatitis but also in remission. Thanks to them, the possibility of recurrence of the inflammatory process is minimized. They also increase the chances for a man that his spouse can become pregnant from him.
Folk remedies can only be used in complex treatment. It is forbidden to use them in cases of exacerbation of prostatitis, in the presence of tumors and infectious lesions of the body. Contraindications also include individual intolerance to the ingredients contained in homemade drugs.
There is a large number of proven formulas for alternative medicines, with their help that can cope with the disease and prevent the disease from coming back. The best of these are the following:
- Pumpkin seeds.They are useful for all men, as they contain ingredients that support the normal functioning of the male genital system. This product is recommended not only for prostatitis but also for impotence. To increase your chances of recovery, you need to eat 30 grams of nuts per day. First they have to be removed. If a man doesn't want to eat the product in its pure form, then he can add it to various dishes, such as fresh salad.
- Pear compote.Most useful drink with no added sugar.
- Bathed with sea salt and herbs.Should receive the infusion routine 3 times a week for 15 minutes each. To saturate water with useful substances, it is necessary to add sea salt and medicinal plant-based decoction to it. When preparing it, it is common to use chamomile, needles, calendula and sage. Herbs need to be incubated in boiling water, with a little emphasis and filtration. In this form, the broth is poured into the bath. Before you get into the water, you need to make sure its temperature is not too high. With prostatitis, don't let your genitals get too hot.
- Parsley juice and seeds.A useful product that can be used alone or added to different dishes. Parsley contains a lot of valuable substances that the body weakens due to prostatitis needs to be supplemented.
- Suppositories with propolis.Another homemade folk remedy. To get a healing candle, you need to mix cocoa butter with propolis. Small suppositories must be formed from this volume, which should be stored in a refrigerator. They are used in 1 piece. before bedtime. The candle must be inserted into the anus.
A man must understand that folk remedies cannot completely cure prostatitis. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to use them separately from drug therapy. The best home remedies are used as an adjunct to the main course. They are also useful if the patient is interested in preventing exacerbations of chronic prostatitis.
Prostate massage is contraindicated in more severe cases.
Medical therapy aimed at eliminating chronic prostatitis is complemented by massage of the prostate gland. This physical therapy improves drainage and microcirculation in the pelvis. Therefore, tissue regeneration is enhanced, leading to a rapid recovery of the patient.
Prostate massage should be done by a specialist trained in their technique. In some cases, use of a massage machine is allowed. They can only be used after the specifics of the process have been familiarized.
It is forbidden to massage the prostate gland for men with hemorrhoids, anal fissures or exacerbations of prostatitis.
Combined with drugs, massages the prostate gland for good results.
Physiotherapeutic procedures to be used as an adjunct treatment. They increase the thermic properties of prostate tissues and activate their regenerating properties. For this disease, doctors can recommend the following methods:
- laser therapy
- ; electrophoresis
- ; ultrasound
- increases trans rectal microwave temperature.
In addition, the patient can take a warm bath, enema, and mud to enhance treatment effectiveness.
If drug treatment does not allow coping with the chronic course of prostatitis, which is often exacerbated, the doctor will order surgical intervention.
The surgeries for this disease are very rare. They are prescribed as a last resort when other treatments aren't helping a man. For chronic prostatitis, the following types of surgery are performed:
- Prostateectomy.This implies complete removal of the inflamed prostate gland.
- Reaction.Only used when only part of the most severely affected internal organ is required.
- Circumcisio.Cuts the circular shape of the foreskin, allowing you to cure the chronic form of prostatitis and prevent its further progression.
- Drain abscess.During surgery, all the purulent in the organ will be released, making it impossible to get rid of the infection.
It is the doctor who determines which surgical treatment is more suitable for a particular patient.
Should eat a lot of fruit to cure.
Men with chronic prostatitis need a diet. Choosing a special diet allows you to minimize the likelihood of recurrence of inflammatory gland diseases.
A man with prostatitis should refuse to consume even a small amount of drinks and foods containing ethyl alcohol. Alcohol adversely affects the ducts of the prostate gland, making the symptoms worse.
Patients should refrain from eating fatty foods, as they can lead to cholesterol plaques that complicate blood circulation. Spicy and savory dishes, offal and mushrooms are prohibited. Beans, sodas, and baked goods should also be avoided.
When preparing a menu for patients with chronic prostatitis, zinc supplements must be included. It is found in pumpkin seeds and seafood. The cornerstone of the diet is necessarily fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as dairy products. The only exceptions are those that have the potential to increase gas production in the gut.
Can chronic prostatitis be cured
Questions about whether chronic prostatitis can be cured are all men's concerns when faced with this diagnosis. The prognosis of direct recovery depends on the length of treatment and its completeness.
It is almost impossible to completely cure this disease. The patient can only achieve steady remission, which will be observed for many years.
Patients should be concerned with the prevention of exacerbations of chronic prostatitis. To prevent it, you must follow a correct diet, treat inflammatory processes in the body promptly, have a decent sex life and not forget sports.
It is very important that you see your urologist regularly for regular diagnosis of your current medical condition. Regular examinations allow you to promptly identify the pathology and start treating it.