Prostatitis is a dangerous disease of the male genitals, often affecting young men under the age of forty. Although its symptoms - decreased libido, difficulty urinating, pain in the groin area - can be very painful, men should not rush to seek medical help.
And the reason for this is that the amount of information about the disease is not enough, there are so many myths and prejudices about it.
However, the manifestations of prostatitis only get worse over time, so when there are first signs of prostatitis, it is necessary to contact the secretory doctor immediately. specialist urology.
The reason for prostatitis
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland. Doctors classify the acute stage of the disease and the chronic stage. If left untreated for the first time, the inflammation quickly turns into a chronic form and there are many complications, such as sexual dysfunction and even the development of a malignant tumor of the prostate gland. paralysis.
What are the reasons for its appearance?
Here are just a few of them:
- Sexually transmitted diseases. Usually, men are carriers of this or that infection without even knowing it because the disease has absolutely no symptoms. However, this picture is very misleading. As soon as the immune system is weakened, for example, under the influence of a stressful situation, this promotes the development of prostatitis. The most common pathogens are herpes virus, Candida fungus, Escherichia coli, v. v.
- Bladder infection not treated. In this case, the infection easily spreads to the nearby prostate gland.
- Stasis of blood in the pelvic region. Sedentary lifestyle, irregular sex life can lead to this. In this case, the so-called non-bacterial prostatitis occurs.
- Frequent hypothermia, stress, the presence of foci of infection, including tooth decay, in the body.
- Prostatitis can develop into a complication after serious infectious diseases - influenza, tonsillitis and others.
The main symptoms of prostatitis
The most common signs of this disease, whatever the cause, are:
- reduced effect;
- pain and difficulty urinating;
- pains of varying severity in the groin and genitals.
Symptoms of acute bacterial prostatitis
As noted above, the first stage of bacterial prostatitis is acute, lasts no more than 3-5 days, then slowly turns to chronic.
It is very important not to miss the first symptoms of the disease:
- Pain in the groin and scrotum;
- Severe pain when urinating;
- Pain after intercourse in the foreskin;
- Impaired erection, shorten intercourse.
A few days after the first symptoms appeared, the pain subsided and the man had a deceiving impression that the threat was over. However, this only indicates that the prostatitis is slowly but surely transitioning to the chronic form.
The course of this disease is characterized by:
- Alternating phases of remission and exacerbation of prostatitis;
- Difficulty urinating, frequent urination, a feeling of an incomplete bladder being added to the above symptoms of the disease.
During the exacerbation of chronic bacterial prostatitis, the patient has the same symptoms as in an acute form.
Even seemingly harmless elements can provoke it:
- An erection without realizing;
- Stress and overwork;
- Sedentary lifestyle;
- Irregular sex life;
- Smoking and abuse of alcohol.
Symptoms of non-bacterial prostatitis
This disease is also commonly referred to as stagnant prostatitis. This is the most common and dangerous type of illness. Its development is directly related to the lifestyle of a modern person.
Medical researchers compare chronic prostatitis to its severity and prevalence with dangerous diseases such as tuberculosis or cancer, because its progressive form is the direct pathway. further leads to cancerous damage to the prostate gland.
It is possible to discuss this form of disease when prostatitis is not caused by any microorganism but by other factors - no prolonged sex, sedentary lifestyle, tensionstraighten often.
This conclusion can be drawn from the results of bacteriological research, which shows that there are no pathogenic microorganisms.
The symptoms of this form of the disease are slightly different from that of the bacteria:
- Patient complains of cyclic or persistent dull pain in the pelvic, lower abdomen, groin, and genitals;
- Sexual dysfunction and problems with urination;
- Depressed mental state of the patient
Symptoms of asymptomatic chronic prostatitis
This is an underlying disease. As the name implies, it is asymptomatic, which means there is an inflammatory process in the prostate gland, but this does not affect the patient's condition in any way.
Some medical researchers tend to consider only this form of pathology as normal age-related changes of the prostate gland, which occur due to a decrease in blood supply to this organ.
This disease is usually found in a patient quite by accident, for example, during an abdominal surgery combined with a completely different diagnosis.
To avoid prostatitis, you need to know its cause.
So the main measures to prevent prostatitis:
- Although the main measures to prevent prostatitis, as has been mentioned many times, is a regular sex life, you should still avoid having sex or use otherContraceptive. This measure is required, as about 30% of prostatitis are related to sexually transmitted diseases. An alternative to sex - masturbation, is also welcomed by urologists, as nothing less than comprehensive sex improves the blood supply to the prostate gland.
- Physical activity, active lifestyle. Exercise and sport are useful as a way to improve general health, but focus on exercises that improve blood circulation in the pelvic area. These include running, ice skating, skiing, etc. v.
- Regular preventive examinations with a urologist or male doctor, at least once a year.
- Promptly treat foci of infection in the body, for example, hygiene of the oral cavity.
Diagnosis of prostatitis - complex and multifaceted
Diagnosis of prostatitis mainly involves determining the cause of the disease, it includes the following stages:
- It is important to clarify the picture of the disease is to ask the patient, who must describe in detail his complaints - localization of some feelings, their timing, events are related to manifestations, then they begin. In addition, at the front desk, the doctor will carefully review the patient's medical record for illnesses, previous tests and checks. Urologist clarifies the patient's information about sex, the presence of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Check for dirt and scrapes from the urethra. An increase in the number of leukocytes in the smear and the presence of pathological microorganisms in the scrape indicate the presence of infection.
- General urine analysis. Helps determine the presence of infection, its presence is indicated by an increased number of leukocytes (more than 5).
- Ejaculation analysis. It is performed to confirm the diagnosis of non-bacterial prostatitis.
- Ultrasound of the prostate gland. Allows you to see pictures of the disease in the most complete way. It is done to clarify the diagnosis for both acute and chronic inflammation of the prostate gland, suspected cancer.
Pain and potency - the first sign of prostatitis
Usually doctors deal with a more advanced form of the disease, as most men tend to ignore the first alarms - pain in the groin and a decrease in libido or libido. the body has no symptoms until a certain point in time.
These are the characteristics of male anatomy - in the prostate area, blood is difficult to circulate, the "breeding ground" of pathogenic microorganisms, a sedentary lifestyle, exacerbatesadd this issue. So the reason for the massive spread of prostatitis between truck drivers and office workers becomes clear.
One way or another, up to 50% of all men globally have experienced some kind of prostatitis symptom. Therefore, it is important to know the first signs of the disease and to see a doctor promptly. After all, treating a progressive form of the disease is a costly and long-term undertaking.
Treatment to help the patient return to a full life
Of course, prostatitis in an early stage will be much easier to cure than a disease that has turned into a serious stage. However, it is the chronic form that doctors deal most often with, and it often requires a complex and long course of treatment.
But in any case, you need to first determine the root cause of the pathology - congestion and (or) inflammatory process in the prostate gland.
So complex treatment of prostatitis includes:
- Inflammatory processes are treated with broad spectrum antibiotics. Furthermore, drugs are prescribed both in the form of tablets and in the form of rectal suppositories. In the complex, the infusion of medicinal herbs (chamomile, calendula), introduced in the micro-molecular form, helps a lot.
- However, the treatment of prostatitis should not be limited to medication, but rather to restore blood circulation in the prostate gland area, and this includes the complexity of physical exercises. therapists and therapists. Such measures contribute to better absorption of antibacterial drugs, as they improve the blood supply to the prostate gland. Doctors usually appoint for prostatitis: electrophoresis, laser therapy, magnetotherapy;
- Massage the prostate gland. This procedure is helpful and effective, but should not be performed at home without consulting a doctor, as it has many contraindications, including the acute phase of the disease.
In summary, it can be said that the problem of treatment and prevention of prostatitis depends largely on the wishes and activities of men themselves. Basic morning exercises, regular preventive checks by a urologist, balanced nutrition - this is the key to men's strength and longevity!