Treatment of chronic prostatitis is a difficult problem even in modern medicine, usually, even with all measures taken, the chronic process still cannot be completely eliminated. It is believed that reducing the intensity of the signs has been an effective result. It is worth considering that the clinical picture of prostate tumors (cancer) has a similar picture to the underlying course of chronic prostatitis. To differentiate, PSA is determined, the concentration of PSA in the malignant tumor is much higher than the classical inflammatory process.
Treatment for chronic prostatitis is a complex and lengthy process, it is not always possible to completely cure it.
Classics about the appointment
Is there an effective treatment for a chronic illness that can be resolved quickly? Such a question almost always asks the urologist at the front desk, and if the first part can be answered in a positive fashion, then it will not be possible to get rid of the problem "quickly". Treatment for prostatitis takes up exactly as long as it has developed, namely: the rest of your life. In principle, the chronic prostatitis is completely eliminated and the prostate becomes "new". The only thing that can be done is to stop any unpleasant symptoms and delay the recurrence of the disease, but only on the condition that the man himself must strictly adhere to all the indications of the doctor.
A classic example: a drug therapy, rectal massage and several other methods are prescribed, the plus is the normalization of the lifestyle, the refusal of alcohol. As a rule, the drug is taken orally, but with the refusal of alcoholic beverages, proper nutrition, the situation is much worse. And many men consider massage to be hostile, seeing it as a shameful operation. As a result, the treatment prescribed by the doctor becomes ineffective due to failure to adhere to all the conditions of therapy and the smooth progress of the chronic process leading to impotence and other health problems. .
It is important to remember that chronic prostatitis requires more attention than acute prostatitis. The treatment course is diverse, for specialists with many years of experience and with the development of modern medicine, the disease is not a problem.
During the exacerbation phase, the following methods are used:
- Antibiotic therapy.The choice of the drug determines the culture outcome (sterility) or is based on assumptions about the cause of the disease. For fever and severe pain, the drug is given intravenously. Important: the entire course must be completed until the last day, even if the patient's condition has improved the next day.
- Alpha blockers.Medication is needed to relieve symptoms by dilating the bladder neck and muscle fibers where the prostate gland meets the bladder.
- NSAIDs and pain relieversHelps treat chronic prostatitis and has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Massage the rectum (direct).The recommended course of therapy is 10-12, professionally administered to relieve symptoms and speed recovery.
These are the main methods that are always used, and should also perform electro-stimulation, laser therapy, and electrophoresis.
What if you don't get treatment?
If the treatment of prostatitis is repeatedly ignored then in the case of a severe illness that is ignored will cause a lot of nuisance that can completely ruin the life of men:
- Prostate abscess.
- Inflammation of the seminal sac (inflammation of the seminal sac)
- Cyst, stones in the prostate gland.
- Sclerosis of the prostate gland.
- Impotence, infertility.
Each of these diseases needs special attention and treatment will be much longer than chronic prostatitis. In addition to physical illness, men develop psychologically unstable, they become irritable, moody, depressed.
A panorama of therapy
Currently, the treatment regimen for prostatitis includes the following methods and techniques:
- Effective treatment removes the infectious factor (drug).
- The process of restoring blood microcirculation in the small pelvis and prostate gland.
- Increase the immune status of the body.
- Antispasmodic drugs.
- Pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Vitamin enhancement pills and therapy.
- Topical pain relievers.
- Physiotherapy and hormone therapy.
- Massage and sedation (sedatives).
- General approach (normalization of sleep, nutrition and rest).
- Spa treatment.
It should be emphasized that while the reported treatment course is quite complete, on a purely individual basis, the physician may recommend additional methods, including the use of other methods. folk remedies (herbal remedies). In addition, men who lead a "rather sluggish" lifestyle or lie for a long time in an uncomfortable position causing blood stasis in the pelvis and prostate gland (office workers, security guards, drivers), Should take a gymnastics course. to eliminate hypotension. This is an effective way to speed recovery from chronic prostatitis and prevent impotence.
Personally, the doctor may recommend the use of folk remedies - herbal remedies.
Treatment for chronic prostatitis is not complete without medication. The appointment should always be performed by a doctor, the duration of admission is completely individual and should not be interrupted earlier at the end of the course of treatment. Consider the medications you have used.
To restore blood circulation
To restore good blood circulation in the prostate gland, drugs are prescribed to restore blood circulation. Ignoring these funds will not allow complete and for the shortest possible time to get rid of the inflammatory process.
In the chronic form of the disease, impaired immunity is common, so one of the top tasks when choosing a treatment course is to increase the body's resistance to fighting all diseases. The drugs are prescribed according to the immune chart: interferon, thymus preparations, immunomodulatory drugs.
These include drugs of several groups:
- 3rd generation cephalosporin.
It should be remembered that antibiotic treatment for chronic prostatitis lasts, the course of treatment is 4-8 weeks.
It is prescribed to normalize the work of smooth muscles in the urinary tract. The course of treatment is 4-8 weeks.
Any hormonal drugs are prescribed only by a doctor when strictly necessary, these drugs help to reduce the intensity of the inflammatory process in the gland.
Helps relax striated muscles, relieves pain and discomfort.
Botanical therapeutic agents
They are used only as an additional treatment, but in no case have replaced it. Phytoprep preparations help to remove edema from the glands, relieve pain syndromes and reduce stress for human organs.
In addition to long-term drug therapy, a number of methods are prescribed to alleviate a patient's condition and prevent its exacerbation from returning.
Physical therapy methods are direct massage, micro-massage with medicinal solution, sitz bath, low intensity laser beam, electric stimulation, acupuncture, acupuncture.
In particular, the massage, which is popular with men for its mediocre modesty, is indicated for the treatment of chronic prostatitis in most cases. Massage allows you to clean the ducts of the prostate gland, reduce congestion and inflammation, and normalize gonad activity. Massage is done at home or in a medical facility 2-3 times a week.
The indication for the use of a surgical method is an acute condition that is life-threatening for men.
Indicated for surgical methods
However, with completely ineffective conservative treatment, surgical intervention is not performed in all cases. Indications for the use of surgical methods are acute conditions that directly threaten the lives of men:
- Urethra obstruction.When the urethra is sharply narrowed and the flow of urine stops flowing, emergency surgery is indicated. Usually, the foreskin stenosis causes obstruction, the circumcision is also performed.
- Drainage for the abscess formation of the prostate gland.The accumulation of pus in the gland will directly threaten the patient's life (sepsis), so the task of the surgeon is to quickly spit and drain.
- Recovery of seminal vesicles.It is necessary when they are severely damaged by an infection. Surgery is performed to improve prostate secretion function.
- Full or partial removal.It is required for severe tissue stiffness.
Very often, men with chronic prostatitis make the same mistake: they use one method or a drug as a treatment, despite the fact that complex therapy is indicated. There are many arguments, but as a result, the disease remains untreated and manifests once with renewed vigor. Therefore, it must be remembered that: do not ignore any treatment prescribed by the doctor, then the disease will gradually subside and men can live a full life.