Urethritis inflammatory process in the mucous membrane of the urethra (urinary channel), which is due to several bacterial, viral, fungal agents. It is considered the most common diseases of the genitourinary system in men who are sexually active without using a barrier contraceptive, as well as more than a partner. Most often, it runs against the other inflammatory diseases of the genital organs.
Because of the peculiarities of the anatomical structure, the men, urethritis is more severe than in women.
The urethra pathogenic micro-flora interrupted:
Causes of urethra inflammation
The doctors allocated to a certain list of factors that provoke the development of urethritis.
These are the following:
- the chronic stress;
- local trauma;
- lack of personal hygiene;
- the alcoholism;
- poor nutrition;
- severe systemic pathology;
- chronic disease;
- related diseases of the genitourinary system.
Directly urethritis cause 2 reasons:
- inflammation of the prostate;
- stagnation of the blood, the venous network of the pelvis;
- kidney stones;
- damage to the urethra;
- hypertrophy of the prostate gland;
- Escherichia coli;
Since the pathological mechanism of urethritis are:
- primary, when the inflammation is formed, directly to the urethra;
- secondary, in which the pathogen into the urethra is derived from the pathological focus elsewhere in the body.
Regarding the localization of the inflammation, the wall of the urethra to distinguish urethritis:
The symptoms of urethritis in men
The development of the disease the man makes the following complaints:
- the allocation of purulent character of the urethra, which color of the yellow, the green, stand out a large amount at the beginning of the inflammatory process;
- the urination;
- swelling of the urethra;
- at the end of urination possible spotting a small amount;
- the pain during urination;
- the pain is sharp character of the urethra.
This clinic develops, regardless of urethritis: non-specific or non-specific. The only difference is that the non-specific urethritis is confirmed, when the eraser, other infections do not give a positive analysis.
Causes of symptoms chronic urethritis
Chronic urethritis may be observed very rarely happens in the background of this situation:
- weak immune system of the patient;
- the occurrence of the pathological agent other organs;
- insufficient or incorrect treatment of urethritis, the project implementation form.
Note: if the disease becomes chronic, the swelling of the urethra will take place, and then select the decrease. Often people think that the disease has passed, but the fact that the disease has moved into the latent phase. If it is not to conduct therapy, the bacteria that have settled in the prostate, determining vesicles, in the end it will cause prostatitis, epididymitis and other diseases.
Diagnosis of urethritis in men
Confirmation diagnosis is based on examination of the patient, which includes the following:
- Consultation with a urologist. The doctor realizes that the complaints of the man driving the objective examination of the sexual organs. Also take into account the presence of chronic diseases, urethra inflammation, history.
- Laboratory diagnosis: the sowing smear the bacteria in the urethra (this allows you to identify what type of pathogen micro-organisms, and to establish the sensitivity to antibiotics); PCR (allows you to quickly, accurately identify the underlying cause of the urological smear); urine test (to help determine the level of the lesion of the urinary tract); microscopy (mission, targeting learning material at the cellular level).
- Instrumental methods: urethroscopy (this should be carried out after reducing the acute period, in the sight inspection of the walls of the urethra under optical magnification); diagnostic ultrasound (allows to visualize the bladder, prostate, kidney, assessment of any change); an x-ray of the urethra (performed after a preliminary introduction into the radiopaque substances, when the acute phase is not carried out).
Treatment of urethritis in men
The treatment of the disease in most cases can be done at home, when the patient visits the health care institution to undergo therapeutic treatments. Hospital treatment, the patient is required only in severe cases.
Important: before you treat urethritis, to properly identify the trigger, since it is directly dependent on the effectiveness of the therapy eliminates, the transition to a chronic.
Treatment for urethritis includes the following items:
- the sexual rejection at the time of treatment;
- compliance with drink system;
- abstinence from alcohol;
- antibiotic treatment;
- the refusal of sharp and spicy dishes;
- it means that the immunotherapy (if necessary);
- local treatment (performed after having reduced the acute symptoms with the administration of drugs in liquid form into the urethra).
The drugs and the medicines for urethra inflammation
The choice of antibiotics may exercise only the doctor, after bacteriological examination. This is justified by the fact that the improper selection of drugs, because of complications, unsuccessful therapy. Antibiotics can be used in any form (tablets, injection, suppositories).
Prevention of urethritis
To minimize the disease risk for men keep in mind the following rules:
- to avoid damage of the penis;
- drink plenty of fluids;
- to avoid frequent change of sexual partners;
- immediately treat any disease;
- to avoid the hypothermia.